3 tips on how to draw easy cars
Have you ever wanted to draw cars?
Probably, most of us dream of being able to draw a car and then take it for a spin. Nevertheless, car designers and skilled people can do it since they have put in the time and practice. Drawing cars requires deep inspiration, a large investment of time and quite a bit of patience. It’s a complicated process. Today, thanks to the different social networks, all kinds of people love to share their own car drawings. Adults and even kids are able to draw cars once they learn and practice.
We shouldn’t forget about beginners or kids, because drawing cars can be a huge motivation, and can wake up their artistic talents. heck, they could even become a designer for automotive companies or work on video games.
Apart from learning for the sake of some later employment opportunity, drawing cars is also just plain fun. With these 3 easy tips, you can start drawing cars even if you haven’t done it before. Maybe one day, you’ll be a respected car designer. If not, it’s still a great idea to spend some time learning. Here are three tips to draw easy cars.
1- Drawing cars for beginners and kids:
– Grab a pencil and a sheet of clean paper
Once you have chosen your pencil (pick the one that’s most comfortable but also won’t break easily like a mechanical pen) and get ready to concentrate. Draw a rectangle without a ruler. Use thin lines.
– To draw the cabin, use a curved line. Then, use circles and put it in the lower part of the rectangle to draw the wheels. Then start to draw wheels step by step.
– Then, draw the shapes of the trunk and back bumper. Keep in mind that it’s better if you draw them at the left side of the rectangle. Once that’s finished, start to draw the shape and the hood of the front bumper.
– You can start to draw the windows and the windshield. Draw carefully the windows in the back and ones in the side doors.
– Once it is finished, draw the wheel arches, headlight and the part of the grille.
– Draw carefully the different lines of your car: The sidelines and the lines of the door.
– Start to draw circles inside the wheels and the lines inside the circles.
– Start to draw the rims and spokes. Once that’s finished, erase any unnecessary outlines.
– Your last step is to draw the seats, the steering wheel, and the mirror.
– Now, you can color it and admire your work of art.
2- Drawing a classic or vintage car
Drawing cars can require more practice time, especially if you are a beginner. It also depends on the car’s model but the basic idea is still the same. For example, if you want to draw a vintage car or a classic car, it is necessary that you start your work with the car’s body. Here are a few steps that you have to follow if you wish to draw a classic car.
Unlike the first method, this second seems a bit complicated but in fact, it is simple and fun. The first step is to draw a mailbox shape for the front part of the car. It’s better if you don’t use circles. Once that’s finished, start to draw a box for the passenger cabin of the car. For the headlights, draw two different circles. Then, draw a triangle on the back side. Add arcs that are linked with the line between the fenders.
After that’s finished, draw three ovals for the wheels of the car. For the windows, draw rectangles as well as the plate of the car. Take note of how the picture is incomplete at the moment. Draw in the outlines in order to complete the car’s body. You can add the incomplete details now including front grills, trim and lights.
To finish your work, erase the unnecessary outlines. Now, you can color your car and admire your cool drawing. Drawing a vintage or classic car that looks accurate is a pretty cool feeling since these car models seem a bit complicated and sophisticated.
3- Drawing an easy car for kids
It’s a bit difficult, especially for kids to draw a nice car. The reason is simple, kids can’t master the basics yet since they are still developing hand-eye coordination. For them, drawing a shape like a rectangle could be complicated, as well as drawing perfect circles.
Well, it depends on the kids ages. very young children are unable to draw moderately easy shapes whereas the older kids will have started developing the motor skills to draw them. This third tip will help kids and even adults to draw the easiest car drawings in the world. Certainly, most of us will be able to draw a car while reading this article.
– Start to draw two circles. Use circles in order to make your drawings even and balanced looking. Pretty much, it all comes down to these circles. The distance between these two circles should be five or more centimeters as they will be the car’s wheels.
– Once that’s finished, we’re going to draw the car’s body now. Draw a rectangle without using a ruler. After drawing it, start to draw the bumpers.
– As this is going to be a very simple car, start to draw the cabin. It’s best if you use trapezoid shape. Once finished, use vertical simple lines as the car’s windows. If you want to have a four door car, use two lines. However, use only one line if the car is going to be a two door car.
– The front and the rear lights will be your next step. The rear is like a very small rectangle. Then, put some lines to draw the rims. They should be placed in the door handle and in the middle of the wheels.
– Your last task is to erase unnecessary outlines and color your car. You can color it whatever you like!
Drawing a car is not as difficult a task as you might have thought. All of us should know the basic steps on drawing cars. Nevertheless, always keep in mind that the most essential thing about drawing a car is frequent practice. If you practice more, you’ll be getting used to drawing cars and you’ll have more inspiration. Though it can take a long time to become a professional car designer, the most important part is the practice.
With that said, you may also want to give this great course called “How To Draw Cars Fast and Easy” a shot if you want to learn how to draw cars faster. It very informative and really has helped a lot in learning how to draw cars easily.